- Login to your client area account.
- Towards the top right of our client area, click on 'Hello, <your name>!' and select 'Security Settings':
- Towards the top of the Security Settings page will be a section detailing Two Factor Authentication. Click on the 'Click Here to Enable' button:
- Click the 'Get Started' button.
- On the following page, a unique barcode will be generated for you. To set up your account you will need to open the Google Authenticator application on your mobile device, select the 'Add an Account' option and scan this barcode using your mobile device's camera. If you do not have a camera or are otherwise unable to scan the barcode, you may enter the secret code generated on the page directly into the Google Authenticator application:
Please do not attempt to scan the above barcode or image. It has been blurred for demonstration purposes and will not work. You will need to use your unique barcode which is generated via our client area.
- Once the account has been added to Google Authenticator, you may click the 'Confirm' button underneath the barcode on our client area.
- You will then be prompted to confirm the security code generated by the Google Authenticator application. If you open the application on your mobile device, you should see a 6 digit code listed. This code changes every 60 seconds, and the current code needs to be input into the client area:
- If you entered the code correctly, two factor authentication will now be enabled on your account. Please ensure that you save a copy of the backup key somewhere very safe. This will be needed if you ever lose your device or are otherwise unable to use two factor authentication in the future:
- Now, every time you login to your client area account you will be prompted for the 6 digit code generated by the Google Authenticator application.
To use two factor authentication, you will need to download the Google Authenticator application for your mobile device. Please note that ThisWebHost cannot provide support for the download and installation of this third party piece of software on mobile devices, so for the avoidance of doubt, this knowledgebase article will assume that you have already successfully installed the application and are familiar with its operation.
- 4 Users Found This Useful
How do I add an additional contact?
'Contacts' are a very useful tool if you have multiple people in your business, as they allow you...