Please be advised that this process is only intended to be used for the following mail clients: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express, MacOS Mail.app, Postbox, Mozilla Thunderbird and KDE Mail. All other mail clients are not supported by this method and will need to be configured manually.
- Login to cPanel.
- Select the 'E-Mail Accounts' option.
- Locate the e-mail account you wish to configure on your local device and click the 'More' dropdown, then select 'Configure Mail Client':
- Locate your mail client from the following list. If your mail client has an "Auto Discovery" link to the right then your client should be able to automatically configure the settings for this account, with you only needing to provide the username and password. To begin this process simply load your mail client and begin adding a new account - a wizard should prompt you for the remaining information. The remaining steps in this KB article are not applicable in these circumstances.
- If there is no 'Auto Discovery' option next to your preferred mail client then choose 'IMAP over SSL/TLS':
- Please read the popup box carefully and click 'Proceed'. A file should then be downloaded to your local machine. Please run this file and your mail client should begin the setup process.
- Follow the remaining steps to configure the account within your local mail client. If you need to check or determine the local server settings or port information, you may do this from the previous "Configure Mail Client" page. The server details are listed at the bottom of the page: