For some time now we have experienced several issues with the client area disk space and bandwidth reporting. These are actually issues with the WHMCS software we use for our billing and client management. If you’re a reseller or VPS user with us, you may also have experienced one or more of the following;
- The disk space and bandwidth statistics in the client area only report either the main account (and doesn’t include any of the sub-accounts listed in your reseller area), or just the sub-accounts (and doesn’t include the main account). As a result of this, you can be unsure of exactly how much disk space and bandwidth you are using and there are no immediate tools that will show you the result of everything added together.
- VPS users simply do not have statistics at all.
- When upgrading or downgrading a package, the statistics shown in the client area do not immediately update. As a result it may look like your account has not yet upgraded or downgraded even though it has.
As of this blog post we have now deployed solutions to all of these issues.
- The disk space and bandwidth statistics shown in the client area now incorporate the main account and any and all sub-accounts you have created in WHM. This provides a much clearer overview of how much space and bandwidth, exactly, your whole account is using. If you wish to know exactly how much disk space or bandwidth your main domain on its own (and excluding the sub-accounts) is using, you can view this from within cPanel.
- We have developed our own module to generate and report statistics for VPS users. VPS users will now be able to see the entire disk space and bandwidth usage of their servers from within our client area. Please note that these statistics are server wide as this is the best way to logically present the data.
- Statistics will now automatically update in the client area following an upgrade or downgrade of an applicable account package. This means the new quotas will be reflected instantly and customers will not need to wait up to 24 hours to see this change.
If you have any issues, suggestions or feedback regarding this change, then please let us know in the comments below. As always, if you have any suggestions for improvements going forward, we would love to hear them!