We hope you all had a happy holiday and are looking forward to the new year!
Despite the holidays, we have been working hard on making some much needed enhancements and “fixes” for our PayPal users. For our billing system we run WHMCS, which we are fairly happy with. Unfortunately though there are some limitations when it comes to PayPal;
- If using a PayPal subscription to automatically pay for your service with us, when cancelling the service, you must cancel the PayPal subscription manually within your PayPal account.
- If using a PayPal subscription to automatically pay for your service with us, if you upgrade or downgrade your product, the PayPal subscription is not updated to match the new cost of your service and therefore you either pay too much or not enough when the subscription next occurs.
- If using a PayPal subscription to automatically pay for your service with us and you manually pay your invoice (forgetting there is a PayPal subscription setup), these additional funds are added to your account as a credit with us.
Admittedly these are not so much problems with WHMCS, but with the (previous) inability to do anything about these via the PayPal API. Fortunately, the PayPal API receives updates now and again which allow us to expand on it. Because of this we have now implemented the following changes;
- When cancelling a service with us, if you are using PayPal and have an active PayPal subscription setup, we will automatically cancel this subscription on your behalf. This should eliminate any invalid billing of accounts that are no longer active.
- When upgrading or downgrading a service, if you are using PayPal and have an active PayPal subscription setup, we will automatically cancel this subscription on your behalf. This will allow you to setup a new subscription for the correct amount when a new invoice is generated.
- If an invoice is accidentally paid for twice (either because of a subscription or manual payment), the duplicate payment will be automatically refunded back to you instead of being added to your account credit.
We hope that these new changes address some of the billing issues and complaints experienced by some of our clients.
At ThisWebHost we are more than happy to resolve any PayPal billing issues that are experienced by our customers. If, for example, you have accidentally paid an invoice twice – we will certainly refund the duplicate payment back to you if you contact us and let us know. Please be advised that opening a PayPal dispute (as per our terms and conditions) may cause your services to become automatically suspended. This occurs because of automated system that are designed to prevent possibly fraudulent transactions from taking place and to prevent people from trying to obtain free services with us. With the above new changes, this should be a thing of the past, additionally we believe we are the only hosting provider out there has such a system in place!
Please let us know what you think about these changes in the comments below.